Friday, December 31, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Happy New Year guys!

Have you made your resolutions yet? I usually don't keep most of them, but one of them is to try to read as much as I can. (One I know I'll be able to keep.) I'm also going to try to fulfill the Book Chick City horror/UF reading challenge, which looks to be fun.

Rather than list the other resolutions, how about a list of some of the books I'm planning on reading?

1) Bespelling Jane Austen This is another one of those "classics mixed with horror" books, but looks to be pretty good.

2) Hit List by Laurell K Hamilton. I usually have a love/hate relationship with her books, but they're still fun for me in a "like a trainwreck" sort of way. I mean, only LKH would pen in a magic car swooping in to save the soldiers & a naked fairy that suddenly appeared out of nowhere. (This was in Divine Misdemeanors & was rather out of place in the book, which made the scene even funnier. Oh LKH... I still love you for putting out stuff like that.)

3) Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire. If you haven't read the October Daye series, you need to start. It's a pretty fun series & one of the few that has a magical heroine is weak magically & stays weak. (So far, anyway.) She makes up for her lack of magical prowess by honing other skills such as her brains & body. Good stuff.

There's more, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind. Mostly because they all fit in with the reading challenge, I admit.

What are you guys looking forward to reading this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment