Friday, December 2, 2011

Book Review: Honey Badger Don't Care by Randall


Title: Honey Badger Don't Care
Author: Randall
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Release Date: 01/24/2012
ISBN: 1449419658







Honey badger might not care that it's become an internet sensation and now a must-read book, but you absolutely will! I had pretty high hopes for this book and I have to say, it didn't disappoint. If you aren't aware of the youtube video "Nastyass Honey Badger", then I'm going to include the video for your viewing pleasure. Be aware, there is adult language in this video.





If you've seen the video, you know what to expect. If not, then I'll clue you into the awesomeness that this book contains. While you probably won't hear Randall narrating his own show on Animal Planet anytime soon (although we can hope), this book is full of wonderful humor and great insights on animal life. Frankly put, this is a book about animals that's written for those of us who aren't into the long Latin names or dry paragraphs about animal habits. Randall condenses all of these facts into a few pages per animal and it's incredibly fun. If I wasn't won over by the honey badger entry at the beginning of the book, I was won over by the hilarity in the following ones.

I do have to warn parents that they'll probably want to read through this to go over the language and some of the phrases in the book. (One entry suggests that Don Knotts had erm, illicit relations with a bat, but in a non-malicious way.) It's all in good fun and none of it is malicious, but this won't be appropriate for some younger readers.

This was just awesome to read and would make for an excellent late-late Christmas gift. (Or a late Boxing Day gift. Or a Valentine's gift.)


5 out of 5 stars

(ARC provided by Netgalley)

1 comment:

  1. I have been big fans for the Honey Badger video on YouTube narrated by Randall. So when I saw this book coming out, I pre-ordered it without knowing anything about it. I am glad that I did. It is a really funny book, but it also showcases some really interesting animals and it tries to shed light on how endangered some of these amazing creatures are. Randall narrates the book so his humor comes through, there were several times where I laughed out loud. There is some use of foul language, which is why I said not for kids, but perfect with adults with a sense of humor. Another benefit of this book are the pictures of these rare and endangered animals.

    ReplyDelete