(My reaction upon reading about this.)
I haven't had the ability to try this yet, but next time I wander into a Starbucks I'll have to give this a try. I'll probably go for the cold version, as the hot one sounds a little too sweet for my tastes. I'll never get to try the "official" version since I'm allergic to milk and can't have anything with a very heavy cream base, but I'll try the soy milk equivalent thereof.
(Still an accurate depiction.)
If you want to try this out, make sure to do it during the holiday season, as not every Starbucks offers toffee nut syrup year-round.
So without much more ado, on with the recipes!
(Why yes I have been watching Adventure Time lately!)
- Creme frappuccino base with whole milk (this is supposedly for the consistency more than flavor)
- 3 pumps caramel syrup
- 3 pumps toffee nut syrup
- Top with caramel syrup and whipped cream
- Whole milk steamer
- Add caramel syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add toffee nut syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add cinnamon dolce syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Whipped cream and salted caramel bits on top
- Optional: Add a shot of espresso (2 for a grande or venti)
So there you have it. According to a Syracuse reporter, this was overly sweet and didn't taste like what she was expecting it to.
(Not really related, but figured why not? Although it's probably pronounced "Te-AH-tAH-may" in some circles.)