Saturday, June 27, 2015

Looks amazing: Binti by Nnedi Okorafor

Here's the second of some posts I'm stealing from SF Signal, but can you blame me? This book looks and sounds pretty badass.


\

Her name is Binti, and she is the first of the Himba people ever to be offered a place at Oomza University, the finest institution of higher learning in the galaxy. But to accept the offer will mean giving up her place in her family to travel between the stars among strangers who do not share her ways or respect her customs.

Knowledge comes at a cost, one that Binti is willing to pay, but her journey will not be easy. The world she seeks to enter has long warred with the Meduse, an alien race that has become the stuff of nightmares. Oomza University has wronged the Meduse, and Binti’s stellar travel will bring her within their deadly reach.

If Binti hopes to survive the legacy of a war not of her making, she will need both the the gifts of her people and the wisdom enshrined within the University, itself – but first she has to make it there, alive.

Doesn't that sound cool? It'll be out on September 22 through Tor.com

Further reading:

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I are both directors and shareholders in our family business. We have been married for 20 years but my husband is now going for a divorce, i agreed in the first place but i later realized what happens to my family and what rights will I have in the business if my husband divorce me, and i have worked so hard for my family and this business, i was incomplete and wondered what to do because he already went to court. I browsing on the internet when i saw a post on how a spell caster called Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack helped someone bring back her ex, so i wondered if he can help me, i gave him the try and contacted him at his email nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com, he told me not to worry that everything would be alright, i gave him the chance to cast the spell, he told me that in 48 hours my husband will come back and beg me, i never believed it at first, surprisingly completing 48 hours he came back and started to beg me not be to be annoyed about what he did, and now we are happy again. Thank you Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack today my home is restored back if you are going through similar problem you can contact him at his private email {nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com} Jessica Galan USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I Got Back My Lover (eboehispellcaster@yahoo.com)

    I never believed in spell casters until my life fell apart when my lover of 6 years decided to call it quit. I was so devastated that i had an accident that left me bedridden. After 9 months of emotional pain and languish, a friend of mine introduced me to a certain spell caster, this was after I have been scammed by various fake spell caster. I was introduced to DR EBOEHI. In less than 3 days i saw wonders, my Lover came back to me and my life got back just like a completed puzzle... Am so happy.. DR EBOEHI have all kinds of spells from pregnancy to love, from employment to visa lottery winning. He has spell to stop divorce, spell to make someone look attractive and others. Here's his contact for serious minded people only, it might be of help.... ( eboehispellcaster@yahoo.com ) or call +1 (785) 815-6319 or through his website: http://eboehispellhome.bravesites.com Wonderful Dr EBOEHI.... Thanks a lot, i am so grateful as you saved my life.

    ReplyDelete